Celebrating Spotlight's 10th Anniversary year, as well as the 2nd year of our Creative Arts Academy!
Our show is cast, and we are excited to begin rehearsals next week! Plan to join us May 5th, 6th and 7th! If your school would be interested in attending a FREE school performance on Friday, May 5th at 10am, please email email@example.com. Each year we have over 2000 local school students attend this show, so get your request in ASAP!
Wendy Darling loves to tell stories to her brothers, Michael and John. But when her father announces she must move out of the nursery, Peter Pan comes to visit the children and whisks them away to Neverland. Their journey introduces them to the Lost Boys, Mermaids, Indians and even the infamous pirate, Captain Hook! It’s Peter to the rescue when Wendy is taken captive by the dreaded captain, who has his own sinister plans in mind for our hero.
A great big thank you to all involved with our Christmas production, Down to Earth 3: The Final Rescue. The musical/service can be seen HERE. What a fantastic gift and blessing it was to all who were there! If you weren't able to participate with us for Christmas, we missed you!
Join us for our exciting Winter/Spring offerings.
We are busy planning for our upcoming Winter/Spring sessions! We will kick off our season with an Audition Workshop and are VERY excited to bring Peter Pan to the stage on the weekend of May 5th, 2017. It is a really fun show with great characters, costumes, sets, etc. and features updated music.
Here are our upcoming opportunities:
- Spotlight launched our Creative Arts Academy in the fall of 2015 with enthusiastic response and has consistently filled classes since. Academy classes offer students the opportunity to grow and develop their skills, while working with industry professionals with impressive experience! Students in 2nd – 12th grades may sign up annually to join Spotlight Academy which entitles them to the following benefits:
- Academy Classes- 2 (Spring) sessions on Thursday evenings beginning 1/19 and 3/2, Session One classes include Guitar, Musical Theatre Skills and On-Camera Acting. These classes are designed to continually develop your skills, so even if you have taken these classes before, you are encouraged to keep taking them as they include new material to continue to grow.
- Discounted registration for Christmas production session (if registered in the fall)
- Free registration for our Audition Workshop
- Priority for our Spring Production audition time slots (audition time slots do fill up each year, last spring we had about 40 students on a waiting list for an audition time)
- Discounted registration for spring production
- Priority invites to participate in additional acting (stage, video, film), singing and worship opportunities that come up throughout the year.
Academy classes will be Thursday evenings, 1 hour each between the hours of 4:30 – 7:30 (specific times will be determined based on enrollment). Classes will be small groups and focused training for developing students’ personal technique and skills. Space is limited and regular attendance is critical. Please consider your schedule carefully before committing to the 5-week classes. Students should not miss more than 1 class. Please review attached Academy Absence policy/request form. *NOTE- Academy classes are currently full, but CLICK HERE to be added to the waitlist and we will let you know if we are able to add classes or students.
Musical Theatre Skills- Hone your triple-threat skills as we recreate show-stopping numbers from Broadway's biggest hits! Each week will include vocal and dance warm-ups/exercises before we hit the floor to learn choreography and vocals. Over the course of the class, we will cover proper theatre dance technique, the basics of safe singing, character development, theatre vocabulary and showmanship for the stage.
On-Camera Acting (open to students in 4th grade and up)- Are you ready for your close up? Be on-camera ready for television, film and video projects. In this class you’ll work with actual commercial, television and film scripts and learn the techniques essential to performing them on camera. Learn how your own unique personal characteristics, experiences and emotions can bring words on the page to life unlike anyone else! These skills can be used to enhance your stage performances as well.
Guitar- Open to both beginning students as well as students who would like to advance their skills.
Looking at the various options in the Conejo Valley for performing arts classes, at an average of $14 - $19 per hour, we are thrilled to offer competitive training with instructors who work professionally in the entertainment industry (including Broadway, television/film, and renowned recording artists) at an average of $4.50 per hour!
We are looking forward to a great 10th Anniversary year, and hope you will join us!
Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A BIG THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO JOINED US IN OUR 2015 - 2016 SEASON!
THANK YOU to all who were involved with and came to see Alice in Wonderland, including the over 2000 local students who attended our school show! What a great weekend as we traveled down the rabbit hole and joined Alice in her madcap adventures. Our Spotlight students had a blast performing!
CHRISTMAS 2015- A great big thank you to all involved with our Christmas production, Snowed In in Burbank. The musical/service can be seen HERE. What a fantastic gift and blessing it was to all who were there!