Tijuana, Mexico (Grace Children’s Home):
MINISTRY TYPES : Children, Relational, Projects/Construction
2016: Oct 8-9th & Dec 17-18th
2017: Feb 11-13th, April 8-9th, Jun 17-19th, Oct 7-8th, & Dec 9-10th
Cost: $135 adult / $85 18 & under (must be accompanied by adult) - Two day trips are $160 adult / $100 18 & under
Grace Children’s Home is a place of refuge for orphaned, neglected or abused children just outside Tijuana, Mexico. Calvary has established a sponsorship ministry to help financially support the ministry and sends multiple trips a year to spend time with the children and staff. Weekend trips include lots of relational time with the children (most of whom speak English), games, crafts and pizza parties. The teams also help with any projects that are of need on the property. Grace Children Home trips are a great opportunity for individuals or families wanting to take a first step into missions.
GCH Trip Info Packet
Ensenada, Mexico: December 9-11th, 2016
MINISTRY TYPES : Church, Children, Evangelism/Outreach, Construction
Cost: $150 adult/$75 (18 & under)
For nearly two decades, Calvary has partnered with Mt. Zion Church and Pastor Luis and Mimi Ojeda in Ensenada, Mexico to help engage their community for Christ. Mt. Zion is a light and place of refuge for many in the community of Bella Vista. Our teams help support the ministries of the church through construction projects, Vacation Bible Schools, Shoebox Christmas parties, men’s and women’s ministries and help with their day care ministry. We also help support Casa Shekina, a residential home for Kumiai Indian girls that gives them access to better education and spiritual formation.
These are great introductory mission trips for individuals or families!
Ensenada Trip Info Packet
Since 1988, Calvary Community Church has partnered with pastors Mimi Ojeda & Luis Soto. Our annual Christmas Shoebox Gift Program is a wonderful way for us to encourage the many efforts the family supports in low-income communities throughout the area of Ensenada, MX. These include:
- Bible School: Mimi & Luis serve as instructors at her father’s bible school. After 33 years, the school is preparing to graduate their 100th class. This institution has become a place where God transforms lives of mostly former alcoholics, drug addicts, and prisoners who have been called out of darkness to serve Jesus in churches and mission programs throughout Mexico and Central/South America.
- Mt. Zion Church*: Mimi & Luis lead a local congregation in a relatively low-income area of north Ensenada. In addition to Sunday Services, congregation members provide day care services for low-income working families throughout the week, as well as, a free meal program on Wednesday nights.
- Emmanuel Home**: Mimi & Luis support the work of two full-time congregation members who care for 5-10 terminally ill, homeless men on a humble farm located on the outskirts of eastern Ensenada.
- Support for New Churches*: As new pastors establish churches in low-income communities around Ensenada, Mimi & Luis have helped support the pastors financially and through community outreach efforts. Calvary’s Shoebox Parties are an annual means to reach deeper into the new communities they serve and share the love of Jesus. These new local churches also develop support services to people in their own communities, similar to those provide at Mt. Zion Church. Care for children of working parents, widows, infirmed, and struggling families has always been the work of the church, especially in Mexico.
- Kumiai Native American Tribe Outreach*: Mimi & Luis’ family have helped establish a pastor in this difficult to reach and severely impoverished community. The family provides a home for young Kumiai girls and boys who want to attend high school in Ensenada.
* - Calvary’s Shoeboxes are distributed to low-income children in these communities. During our 2016 trip, we expect to reach 500 low-income children at four different communities. The Shoebox Parties may be the first time the church has had an opportunity to meet these children and their families.
** - Calvary’s Mission Team will stay at the Bible School, while they are away for the winter break. We will also visit Emmanuel Home to bring needed supplies for the daily care of their patients. Ensenada Mission Trips allows Calvary team members to walk alongside those who serve these communities, to encourage the local pastors, and to experience the joy of serving others for the love of Jesus Christ. Mission Trips are always a faith walk, as we step out of our comfort zones and reach into the lives of others. Somehow, we always receive more than we give. And, that is how the love of God works.