What is Awana?
Awana is a Biblically based program to help parents with the spiritual nurture and education of their children. It runs during the school year, September to April and is off for school holidays, the month of December and for the summer.
Scripture says parents are the primary teaches of God’s Word and Awana is here to help reinforce that teaching with understanding and application. It is a fun filled, exciting program with an emphasis on scripture memory (learned at home) and the understanding of God’s Word. Awana uses an age appropriate curriculum to assist with your child’s spiritual development.
Parents and guardians work with their children at home to learn the memory verses. Puggles, Cubbies, Sparks and T&T have a pacing schedule they follow (see link next to the Cubbies calendar for At Home Scripture Time to complete the handbook. Normally a clubber has learned 1 - 2 sections a week at home to complete the handbook by the end of April. Clubbers K - 5 can work on extra credit materials concurrently while progressing through the paced learning schedule.
Awana Club Ages and Meeting Times
3 years old through 12th grade - September to April
All clubs for children and students start at 6:00 PM on Wednesday night (September 7, 2016)
- Puggles* and Cubbies end at 7.15 PM
- Sparks, T&T, and Trek end at 7.30 PM
- Journey ends at 8 PM
*Puggles is only open for those families who volunteer weekly Awana.
Recruiting Awana Helpers/Leaders:
- Join your child(ren) on Wednesday nights! You can work alongside of them in the same small group, in the same large group, or in an entirely different group. There are roles for those who want to: work with children, work mostly with adults, or even complete duties on other days of the week.
- You also may have the most important job in the world: to lead a child to Christ! Statistically, over 75% of all people who trust Christ for their eternal salvation, make that decision between the ages of 4 and 14.
- You have the opportunity to make an eternal impact on the life of a young child. Click here to find out more about being a weekly leader/helper.
- To sign up to be a leader/helper, click here to see the different roles and indicate your preferences. First time working with children at Calvary, sign-up to fingerprinted.
For more info on Awana or on serving with Awana, please contact:
Ken Chambers at 818.575.2250 or email